Pet Surgery in Simpsonville
Comprehensive Animal Surgical Care in Greenville County
Does your pet require surgery? At Cleveland Park Simpsonville, our highly skilled veterinary team is prepared to guide you and your pet through an array of procedures, from routine to complex surgeries.
Cleveland Park Simpsonville offers routine and advanced veterinary surgical services to our patients. Our Simpsonville veterinary team is highly skilled and experienced in performing a wide variety of soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries under the safest anesthetic protocols, monitoring, and post-surgical care available. We are happy to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us today to learn more.
Veterinary Surgical Services
As an AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) accredited animal hospital, Cleveland Park Simpsonville boasts a state-of-the-art surgical suite. Our trained and experienced veterinary professionals are well versed in surgical care for all kinds of pets. We offer a variety of services to help your pets be as happy and healthy as possible.
Cleveland Park Simpsonville offers the following surgical procedures:
- Spay and Neuter
- Lacerations and Abscess Repair
- Growth and Tumor Removal
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Bladder Stone Removal
- Hernia Repair
- Exploratory Surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Patellar Luxation Repair
- ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) Repair
Our doctors also work closely with Upstate Veterinary Specialists. Upstate Veterinary Specialist doctors will come to our hospital to perform certain medical/surgical procedures such as:
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Fracture Repair
- TPLO (tibial-plateau-leveling osteotomy) Surgery
Steps We Take to Ensure Surgical Safety
Before your pet’s surgery, our veterinary surgery professionals will walk you through the procedure and answer any questions you might have. We want you to understand what we will be doing so you can feel confident leaving your pet in our care.
Steps we take to ensure your pet is as safe as possible before, during, and after surgery include:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Screen: We perform pre-anesthetic blood testing on all animals prior to surgery. This allows us to evaluate things such as liver and kidney function to confirm your pet is a good candidate for surgery.
- Coagulation Screens: Additional screens are also recommended (bleeding and clotting screens) to rule out bleeding problems caused by hemophilia and platelet problems.
- Human-Grade Anesthetics: Only the safest anesthetic agents are used. Many of the anesthetics we use are the same drugs used in human hospitals.
- Careful Monitoring: During your pet’s procedure, your furry friend will be monitored by equipment that evaluates blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, body temperature, and respiration.
After surgery, we will continue to monitor your pet’s condition and adjust pain control measures as needed. The doctor will create a post-op plan specifically for your pet. This plan will include post-op directions, medication instructions, and side effects or symptoms to look for as your pet recovers.
Only the Highest Quality of Surgical Care Will Do
We understand that you may have concerns or uncertainties about your pet’s upcoming surgery. We are here to discuss options for your pet, as well as answer any questions you may have.
“Great service! They are great with our new puppy and cat. They recommended a new dog food which really helped our puppy.”- Rob J.
“1st time visit. Had a scheduled appt to establish care for my Conure & to find out it's gender. Saw Dr.DePalma & Tech Tiffany. They were welcoming, friendly, informative & thorough. I will be returning to them for all future needs for my bird.”- Doris M.
“The only vet in the upstate I trust with our snakes and geckos.”- Michelle T.